What vaccinations do you need to
travel to Thailand?
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) shares the necessary COVID-19 vaccination requirements for all international travelers who want to travel to Thailand under the Phuket Sandbox or Samui Sandbox program.
In order to apply for entry into Thailand, travelers over 18 years of age must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by the Thai Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) or the World Health Organization (WHO).
The vaccine should be administered no less than 14 days prior to the date of travel.
Travelers who previously had COVID-19 should also be fully vaccinated.
Vaccines approved by the Ministry of
Public Health of Thailand (MoPH)
These are the vaccines approved by Thailand’s Government:
- CoronaVac: 2 doses with an interval of 2 to 4 weeks.
- AstraZeneca or Covishield: 2 doses with an interval of 4 to 12 weeks.
- Pfizer: 2 doses with an interval of 3 weeks.
- Janssen (Johnson&Johnson): 1 dose.
- Moderna: 2 doses with a 4-week interval.
- Sinopharm: 2 doses with an interval of 3 to 4 weeks.
- Sputnik V: 2 doses with a 3-week interval.
In the case of combined vaccines, travelers should receive their second dose within the recommended interval of the first dose and not less than 14 days prior to the date of travel.
In case of failure to comply with these requirements, the entry to Thailand may be denied.
The following must be included in the traveler’s vaccination certificate:
- Name and surname
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Name of COVID-19 vaccine
- Dates of vaccination
- Vaccine manufacturer and lot number.
- Organization authorized in the country of origin.
Certificate + Medical Insurance
Other necessary requirements are:
- Certificate of Entry (COE), which must be issued by the Thai Embassy or Consulate.
- Medical insurance against COVID-19, with a minimum coverage of US$ 100,000.
- Confirmation of a SHA Plus hotel reservation.
- Medical certificate with negative RT-PCR result for COVID-19, issued no more than 72 hours prior to flight.
Are you planning to travel to Thailand any soon? Let us know in the comments!